The SMT Manufacturing Process Engineer is responsible for maintaining the efficiency and effectiveness of all related manufacturing equipment & processes required to manufacture a high quality product in a repeatable and cost effective manner. As such the successful candidate must have background and experience in SMT and Through-hole manufacturing processes, programming and support of automated placement systems, and solder reflow processes as well as an understanding in electronic product introduction and development. Designs, implements and supports assembly processes for the Surface Mount Technology (SMT), Selective Solder and Final Assembly areas for circuit card builds. Mentor and support process engineers responsible for the assembly of circuit cards installed in products for the Avionics industry.
- Create and maintain SMT line automation programs and profiles.
- Provide “on the floor” technical support, as issues arise.
- Provide ongoing product and process improvements to meet quality, CPI, CI, and production goals.
- Analyze, resolve and initiate preventative actions in the SMT area.
- Design processes, evaluate results, and drive solutions to improve processes and develop new processes.
- Create, edit, and maintain necessary documentation (i.e. routings work instructions, etc.)
- Evaluate effects of product design changes on manufacturing efficiency.
- Support design for manufacturability with design engineering.
- Support quoting effort relative to circuit card assembly.
- Must have extensive knowledge with surface mount and through-hole technologies.
- Must be familiar with IPC/EIA J-STD-001C.
- Must have working knowledge of all SMT assembly and inspection processes.
- Must have a working knowledge of printed circuit board CAD data and assembly equipment programming software, and databases.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be a self-starter and a team player.
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
Bachelor of Science degree in mechanical, industrial or electrical engineering or a manufacturing engineering discipline.
Minimum of 7 years of experience in SMT manufacturing process engineering.
Newbury Park, California, United States